Monday 23 July 2012

Paint Chip/Swatch Punch-Outs

This is a sweet little project that could be useful within more complicated projects. I made a bunch of these teeny hearts today when I found a stash of paint sample cards in a box. I saw something like it on Pintrest so it's definitely not my idea!


I have no idea what I was planning to paint when I picked these up. But I'm a huge advocate of free stuff, so I probably just grabbed them in a free-stuff frenzy.


I also happen to have one of these. It's 99% likely that it came from a sale bin, as I usually find craft punches to be too expensive for the rather limited use of one shape. It's an 1.5inch heart.

I quickly realised I was going to have to cut the colour samples off the strip to get the most amount of hearts from each colour. I love the combination of mint & mustard. In paint, not food. Obviously.


I haven't decided what to use them for yet...


 ...this could look quite sweet in my hallway...


...since I don't have a baby right now, this probably won't be much use. Unless I make it in Batman colours. In the shape of Batman. Still, I like this for a present...


...this is where my dream for these hearts lies, but I'm slightly scared to get the sewing machine out after quite a long separation from her...

I'll let you know when I decide :-)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similiar Posts...