Sunday 10 April 2016

MuzikMeet at Haresfoot Brewery with Sweetcornbread

Thursday night, a local brewery hosted a music night with one of my favourite local bands and some other fantastic artists at their premises just outside Berkhamstead.

Sweetcornbread usually pull a bit of a crowd, and this gig wasn't an exception - there were quite a few friendly faces in the audience who often come out to support the band. I love the atmosphere of their gigs!

On top of that, it was a great venue. We made all the usual jokes about the band not being able to organise a piss-up in a brewery (and I was convinced it was going to be freezing) but the building had surprising good acoustics, there were plenty of heaters and the staff were extremely friendly and obviously had a passion for their business.

There was a well stocked bar with around ten locally brewed beers available straight from the keg and prices were reasonable. I'm not a big beer drinker, so I mostly stuck to Prosecco but the boys were loving trying out the different beers - I think it was generally decided that Sundial was the most popular but  I'd strongly suggest you pop down to one of the brewery's many events and give a bunch of them a try to find your own favourite.  There's a list of their commercially produced beers here if you fancy finding out more.



It was dark when we arrived, but the brewery is situated right on the canal - ideal for a stop off between the beautiful pubs along this stretch of the Grand Union. Follow their twitter to find out when they are open for tasting events.

I was a bit sad that we arrive slightly too late to see the first act, Harry Phillips, but we caught Hope and her beautiful voice just before Sweetcornbread took to the stage.


Don't they look fab in front of the brewing equipment? I love the fact that they look like giant drums - such a good background for the band. They are even set up on a raised concrete platform, making it ideal for showcasing local artists. I really couldn't believe how much of an excellent venue the brewery made - especially as from the outside it's a pretty generic looking low blue industrial unit.

Their set rocked - as usual. I especially liked Come Back Kid which I can't find a sample of online yet, but I'll hook this post up when I do! For now, give their session with BBC Introducing a listen here.

Then the bell for last orders came, we finished our beers, got some for the road in a giant take-home 4 pint flagon and went home to begin brewing our hangovers.

I'll be keeping an eye out for their next music event in association with Muzik Meet, as well as all the other great stuff they have lined up for summer. You can check out their list of upcoming events here.

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similiar Posts...